Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fun and Games

I was so excited to get to play 4 volleyball games while in Denver. (Not bad for a 9 day trip!)   We had so many family members who wanted to play, that we had 8 players on a side, just so everyone could play.  Skill levels varied greatly, but the game was still fun.

The last two days we played with fewer numbers.  This morning's two on two game really exhausted me.  I couldn't decide if it was age, altitude, or too few players on the court, but this set of games really wiped me out.  (Probably all 3....for me anyway.)
I got to play with Heidi's husband, Dannon....he's really good (and because he's the youngest, he's also the fastest)!
Jonathan and Brad played against us.  The day/game could be summed up this way:  Whoever was on Dannon's team won!

Dannon prepping for his serve:
Who says I'm too old to dive on the floor?  (Um...me!)  Karen, I can hear you yelling "KNEE PADS"...I'm thinking about it more seriously these days.
Jonathan setting Brad up for a kill:

Thanks to Julia who was our photographer for the day.  Somehow, she got this shot:
Maile says it's his "warrior" face....well, it is scary!  Thanks to all of my family members who humored me by letting me play so many times during our Denver visit.  I hope to finally log the rest of the Denver trip soon so I can move on to another subject.  (We just had so much fun, it's hard to squeeze it all into one post.)

4 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

KNEE PADS! :)

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Wow, how fun!!! Nice you can get a whole team out of a family gathering. And I'm sure it was the ALTITUDE and not the age!

Jennifer said...

Grandma Hale said....
I'm so happy when I keep hearing about the fun you all had while you were here. It certainly adds to the happy memories. (I "remember" by hearing your stories).
Love you all

*Shan said...

I agree with Karen...KNEE PADS!