Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Confrontation

I REALLY wish the sound had been better on this video. Jourdan and his friend weren't allowed to use the stage mics....and as you can see, it would have been difficult for them to use hand-held mics. For the talent show, they performed the Confrontation scene from Les Miserables. (It was a hit with the teenage audience seeing as how the movie has been so popular this year.) Jourdan has loved the music of Les Mis for years... he's always been a fan of musical theater.  During the Oscar's on Sunday night, Jourdan said, "I think I make a better Javert than THAT guy!"  Well, I think he sings better than Russell Crowe too...but I'm his mom, so I get to say that! 
And just in case you're paying attention...yes, this is the same kid he sang with last time. Jourdan is really going to be sad next year. All his friends are seniors. He'll truly miss all the kids who have made him so comfortable (almost, dare I say, "popular") this year. It has been such a strange paradigm shift since middle school. It was weird having him go from middle school to high school, but it was even more strange to have him jump right into having friends who drive their own vehicles. It is nice to not have to pick him up after his theater rehearsals EVERY day.
By the way...he did end up with quite a limp after the chair broke over his leg. 

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Mics would have helped, but they did a GREAT job!! Jourdan DEFINITELY would have made a better Javert!!