We got up really early and climbed to the top of Diamond Head. Many of you have probably made this trek before...if not, it's worth the hike (and climb up the hundred's of stairs) to see the view of Waikiki and Honolulu from above. Yes, there is a faint rainbow above the city. You'll have to trust me: it was much brighter in person!
Then we went back to our hotel (Hilton Grand Waikikian)and played on the water slides. The hotel has a much larger pool that we played in the night before, but we wanted to slide today.
Then we went back to our hotel (Hilton Grand Waikikian)and played on the water slides. The hotel has a much larger pool that we played in the night before, but we wanted to slide today.
Then, we continued up to the "North Shore" and the "Bonzai Pipeline" to check out the waves and those brave enough to surf them. We weren't disappointed; there were plenty of surfers and huge waves. The next stop was Turtle Beach....the locals have another name, but I can't spell it! Two turtles were waiting for us to visit. We were also treated to whale watching from this beach. I wish I had my camera ready because the whale was jumping out of the water....it was awesome. Unfortunately, I was too slow on the trigger to get a picture of that.
3 comments:
We lived there four years and didn't know about a lot of the stuff you are seeing. As Jonathan said, "You didn't read the tourist brochures." He's correct.
Those turtles are huge. They totally blend in with the rocks. It looks like you guys are having a wonderful time.
Wow, that looks SOOOO awesome!! I thought the hike up Diamond Head was totally worth it, too. Great views. We drove around the east part of the island also, but we didn't see that arch! (There was a place we tried to stop that was closed because they were repaving the parking lot, and they wouldn't even let us go down. I was ticked. I wonder if the arch was there??? I bet so.) Anyway, I'm so jealous you saw whales, even though you didn't get a picture. That is really too bad. The turtles are so neat. (And the water slides, too!!) SO FUN! I'm so glad you're on vacation! You needed it!
Post a Comment